The Ins And Outs Of Facebook Marketing
Facebook Marketing has truly hit the World by storm, and is becoming the epicenter of many peoples online marketing techniques. Facebook was founded by a group of Harvard Students, and the Facebook website was launched by Mark Zuckerberg in 2004. It has since become the largest social media platform in the World, and the largest growing as well. Facebook is vital to any business and goes hand in hand with website development, other social media, SEO and Google Adwords.
There are some important things to note about Facebook, some things that are interesting to know, and others that you should implement on your Facebook page.
- The fastest demographic of new facebook users are females over the age of 50
- Videos (Especially humorous ones), should be added to your Facebook page
- Facebook pages are ranked in search engines, and can be seen by Google
- Brainstorming is important for success
- You can link your Facebook page to your YouTube channel and stream videos directly from a portion of your like page
- Basic information should be added
- The pages full profile should be completed
- Events pages are a great way to get interaction
- Most people use Facebook for entertainment, so your adverts need to stand out visually and textually
- You can schedule posts 12 months in advance
- Sponsored stories sometimes out-perform sponsored adverts
- More than 60% of people access Facebook from mobile devices
- Do not spam people with constant posts. 2-4 posts a day are perfect
- Interaction and posting from fans and “likers” is extremely important
- Always reply to comments using the persons full name (As a link/tag)
- The clock icon (When you click the arrow pointing down on post) allows you to schedule your posts
- Post a variety of articles (Not just your own)
- Engagement is key, post things that you would like to see if you were a fan of the page
If you are a business it is important to have a Facebook Like page and not an actual friend page. Facebook are clamping down on “friend pages” that are used for business. This is because (We presume) of how easy it is to add people as friends and potentially spam thousands of people you do not even know with business deals and so forth.
There are 2 kinds of posts you can make on a Facebook page:
- On Topic: Posts directly about you or your business
- Off Topic: Engaging posts such as questions like “What are you doing this weekend?”
Other interesting things to note about Facebook:
You have 25 characters available for an advert heading and 133 characters available for the body text. You can target different ages, sexes and demographic areas.
A nice strategy that works when posting interesting articles or images is to word something to the effect of “Click like if you agree, we would love to hear your comments”.
Sharing is vital, so make sure you do not post unnecessary articles or images that a user might not like. This will impact your page negatively.
If you are too busy to monitor your Facebook page, set aside a Saturday and schedule posts for months in advance. Mix up what you post. Do not just post stuff about your Organisation. Post articles from respectable resources, post interesting and funny images and other blog posts that relate to your industry.